Thursday, October 8, 2009

How many bad moods are you expected to carry every hour?

A driver cuts you off while trying to throw your car onto the freeway. The convenience store employee failed to stock the coffee department with the bonus treats you pour into your hot cup of Joe before you officially hit the road. A quick glance at your emails and you notice those leading your team weren’t too happy with yesterday’s performance.



It requires little or no effort from another party to knock your day off a path of victory.



How are you expected to exceed the limits of everyday expectations if everyone around you has become a four hundred pound anchor tossed into the open blue waters off the warm white sandy beaches of Miami?



According to Neil Fiore the human mood changes every five seconds.



Finally! I’ve met someone who physically understands the entire cast of idiots living in, around and beneath this thing called me. If only I had held auditions it would be a different story. They would’ve been encouraged to take web tests based on the amount of time it takes to write, produce and complete a winning project. Nope! None of us get to employ the amazingly weird, calm, nervous, over confident, shy, mean little voices with invisible faces. They just suddenly show up and it becomes our daily mission to baby sit the brats.



Neil authored the book Awaken Your Strongest Self: Break Free of Stress, Inner Conflict and Self Sabotage. Wow! The name alone should be etched into a metal plate and shoved under our picture, it pretty much says, “I’ll start liking you more when I finally shake hands with every personality I can be inside a sixty minute period.”



This means a truly hateful God awful horribly bad day at work really only lasts five seconds…anything longer than that is up to you. What? But! But! Stand up and shake that booty until that uninvited spooky vibe falls to the floor where you can step on his fat little stinking head in the way a spider screams when being squished. Was that mean? According to the rule book, it should be over in five seconds.



I’m not going to let this ruin my day!



Say it! Live it! Breathe it! I’m not going to let this ruin my day! Oh baby it works! July 21, 2009 the gigantic doctor wasted no time walking up to my incredible uncomfortable emergency room bed to calmly say, “Dude we’ve got a problem and its going to require more than NASA and NASCAR.”

Instantly, without thought I shouted, “Merry Christmas!” Nurses and interns looked at me and honestly couldn’t believe the man in room 4-A had somehow shattered the normal pattern of extremely bad news and turned it into a holiday. Every person I met that night and to this very second hears me wish them these two words because it’s become my way of saying, “I’m not going to let this ruin my day!”



Dr. Steffanie Wilk, a professor of management at Fisher College of Business believes if a person starts their day in a bad mood…its going to hang with you the entire eight hours. That ugly, dirty, stinks like rotten food mood is generally a product delivered to your common sense not that morning but the days before it reared its shameless shape.



Whoa! Stop the morning train! My boogie has lost its shoes. Someone call the heart, we’re headed back into a bad mood. See how well educated people are! One delivers a positive message of how I’m not going to let this ruin my day while another firmly steps forward and paints the trail of this not having to do with today…the booger in your left nostril is to blame cuz it happened yesterday.



Actually that’s not true. The Order of Booger builders called their union managers and I need to apologize for putting the blame on their efforts to take your mind off a bad day. Blowing your brains into a nice soft tissue could truly bend the rules of bad moods and blow off a little steam.



Wait! That doesn’t mean you should suddenly buy stock in the hanky market!



Therapist Anna Maravelas who penned out the book How to Reduce Workplace Conflict and Stress believes you’ve got other issues than tissues that lead to a really bad day at the job. Everybody in the congregation please shout Amen when I hit something you know is happening to you:



Lack of sleep…

Hunger…

Body aches and pain…

Noise…

Hormones…

Adrenaline…

Time urgency…

Stress…



Your bad mood, bad day, bad feelings, bad everything is connected to these evil creations. Changing how you think is the most powerful influence and easiest to control. Not only that…the medication for the cure is free!



I’m not going to let this ruin my day!



Merry Christmas!



Getting back to living…steal my art…



arroecollins@clearchannel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment