Friday, May 14, 2010

I did it! And yet I'm not proud of the accomplishment...

Shouldn’t “Enjoy” be spelled “In-Joy?” “En” is also pronounced “On…” those wearing Joy; can easily take it off.



The inside counts…so In-Joy



arroecollins@clearchannel.com



22 words

118 characters

129 with spaces



Just plugged in? A week long writing challenge—to Twitter-ize my normal two pages of build me up buttercup. Time Magazine is thinner than a fifty year old mans hair. Newspaper articles feature bigger pictures than substance. I couldn't help but think...I'm out of touch.



In 1992 Program Director Mike Easterlin busted down the radio station control room door shoving a dictionary onto my everyday, “Look up two words! Concise and Brevity…learn it then live it, not just today but everyday.”



My word speak and writing problem has nothing to do with using less than fewer words and expressions…I just get tired of hearing the same speech over and over again.


Someone has to begin the process of word display.



My writing goal was to do it inside the Twitter rules of 140 characters. Having less to say has done one thing…I’ve become withdrawn in character and my moods are of many. Who are we becoming? Mom and Dad are wrong! We should be seen and heard…that’s how the future is shaped or other people begin to talk for us. Why hold local and national elections if what we really want to say has already been said over and over again inside 140 words or less without affecting the most important muscle…your heart?



I’m back to normal Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment