Monday, August 30, 2010

Misusing or faking power...

Having or wanting power is looked upon as being a connection to temptation.

Power...to be or not to be cannot be unless you’ve agreed to be powerful. So millions if not billions set out daily to hoist their flags over soils governed by a need to succeed and the only way to achieve is to be powerful.

It’s only natural to think of power as being a verbal or monetary command over another person, place or thing. We see it everyday, department heads and wanna-be ladder climbers whose only mission at the moment is to seize control of all available powers.

Holding the power to create lasting impressions caused by a decision is a place of value but not the power I’m discussing.

The power to create enough energy to make it through a Monday is a fully exposed can’t take it back temptation. When you empower your willingness or lack thereof with a powerful surge of inner strength…it is written in the ancient chapters of walking in peace that you’ve taken temptation by the hand and ordered it to walk with you.

The reason why its looked upon as being a temptation is because the majority of us misuse its presence; we up our energy to gain access to a productive day at work which lands a few pennies in the checking account. We cram power bars and drinks into the body knowing the end result will be a body geared toward working out harder which might put an itty bitty bump in the area located between your shoulder and elbow.

We’ve learned to feed off power to the point of making it our daily breakfast, lunch, dinner and desert. Having it makes us feel important especially in the department of me, myself and I.

So what gives? If empowerment isn’t a healthy tool then why are bank accounts emptied daily in the way of supporting authors and motivational speakers? I didn’t say they didn’t work…my words are, “The majority of us misuse its presence.”

How many times a day do you declare yourself depressed not realizing your current energy flow is 100% at a natural level but because you aren’t flying off the walls or rushing through a workday quicker than ice cream melting on a 90 degree day…then you must be depressed and oh well…we’re gonna give up.

Heard a great quote, “The average day moves extremely slow…it’s the years that fly so quickly.”

I know what kind of energy is required to produce a screamer car commercial. What I didn’t realize was how easy it was to abuse it. While in the recording studio, trying to be radio funny, constantly attempting to keep the moods in an upswing formation…I chose to impersonate one of my extremely loud in your face car commercials over the intro of the song the musicians had painstakingly laid down…when it came time for me to drop my vocal tracks…the voice was gone. The entire recording session was shot, money was wasted and the musicians who took the time to be with me walked away shaking their heads because it meant coming back another day, another time.

In martial arts Master Harris taught me a valuable lesson in brick breaking that requires an agreement with the power within. If I’m being asked to slam my right fist through a hard object, the only way I’m going to successfully move my power through it has nothing to do with my biceps and shoulders and everything to do with building a relationship between the object that will soon become two and the person setting their mental goals on reaching beyond the normal.

My double brick break from a pushup position was a total miss every time until I began to respect the energy from within. As embarrassing as it is to admit, I asked the bricks if I could use them in my demonstration. Inside one minute, my next attempt at breaking the bricks was a success because there is something to be said about understanding what it is we create naturally on the inside and respecting it in the beginning middle and end.

Everyone has countless shapes of energy within them…what we’re unaware of is its misuse. While we continue to search for the perfect pair of shoes that give us up up and away, possibilities tend to melt when what we have as an energy maker is put into machine mode and ridden like a work horse through a forest of fields that have been so hard through ignoring the soil that tilling it takes not only this lifetime but the generations that follow.

Take the time to discover what gives you natural energy without having to depend on it only during times of self created crisis and or reasons to harness power from a passerby. Physically find the core of your best day at work and ask it to come back tomorrow because being with it made you happier and much easier to get along with which opened the door for teamwork to work. Which created a path to better conversations with out of control teens. Which fed the rivers of your create ideas enabling them with enough confidence to become more than just a wasted thought.

I abused my inner source of energy yesterday…only to realize today I’ll do my radio show with an injured vocal delivery the average listener won’t pick up on unless you’ve been educated to hear it. Now that you have…you might actually throw something at the speakers my lips are reaching through.

Get to know you and the power created…then teach yourself to stop misusing it.

arroecollins@clearchannel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment