Friday, February 18, 2011

Get back up without hitting a big sale!

Attended the premiere of the soon to be released springtime romance Beastly; Neil Patrick Harris is blind with a keen eye focused on the inner visuals of human emotion, entanglement and peaceful means of easing up on the pressures that usually destroy relationships.

Alex Pettyfer is caught off guard when he stumbles into a room where Patrick is fashionably dressing himself in an extremely high end business suit complete with a stylish tie. Turning to face Alex, he allows no conversation to begin by confidently stating, “What? You think I dress like this for you and others? Beauty begins on the inside and looking this great makes me believe I’m unforgettable.”

Stop right there! Take a look at what you’re currently wearing. Forget the Corporate American ladder of success, the coworker that recharges dull batteries and the Krispy Kreme chef that constantly tosses some extra sugar your way; what message are you currently sending to your self?

Do you feel like a leader? Are you itching to hit the fast approaching weekend? Does the way you look resemble the performance that’s slap happily played out because at times even a Wal-Mart greeter comes with too many responsibilities? No matter what you’re answer, over the next 48 hour period how many times will you express to your family and friends how much you hate your job, hat your life and hate the government for allowing gas prices to reach unheard of heights?

I am no fashion expert nor do I play one behind closed doors but I will share that no day passes that I’m not hitting the floor several times through the day knocking down serious rounds of pushups, sit ups and whatever else is going to shove more blood in the vibration required to survive.

I stole the trick from Country music’s Billy Ray Cyrus who flies all over the world promoting cd's, television shows and concerts and no matter where his ride lands or takes a pit stop he reaches out to a person to help him locate a place to layout a long line of intensified exercises.

Beauty begins on the inside and looking this great makes me believe I’m unforgettable.

How much money do you spend on mopping up the mess? Hey! Before my heart attack in 2009 Arby’s, McDonald’s and Taco Bell where my daily downloads of pick me back ups. I’ve never smoked nor do I drink so I’ve got no clue how to bust those habits; ask me about walking away from fast food and we’ll spend week’s gliding through invisible paths of recovery.

But why pushups and sit ups? I tried the water trick…when the buzz in your gut gets too much fill it up with water; 200 ounces a day nearly wiping out my electrolytes. When the electric supply begins to die…Houston we aren’t keeping our feet on the ground and reaching for the stars.

Beauty begins on the inside and looking this great makes me believe I’m unforgettable.

You can’t hit every 90% off sale at Target, Old Navy and Steinmart! Five, ten or twenty five push ups in an office kitchen, outside on the front lawn or next to your desk are 100% always going to be free. Warning: Do not throw yourself down in the privacy of your company bathroom! You have no clue who was there before you?

There’s no better way to eliminate stress and the horrid amount of ugly it invites to your approach of trying to be happy. It’s a pain in the a** to discipline yourself into believing it’s the right thing and more importantly its freakishly embarrassing when someone walks into your office or space and catches you on the floor out of breath with a bright red face.

Taking a walk at lunch or during a break is incredible exercise until you stop pushing yourself to walk a little stronger than yesterday. Life is already a treadmill; too many of us are on the moving ship with no way of knowing how ugly we seem to ourselves. You always hear about how my butts too big, look at these hips and flab under the arms. Spend five seconds in the mirror looking into your eyes and none of that materialistic junk matters. The real problem is the depth of your perception.

Beauty begins on the inside and looking this great makes me believe I’m unforgettable.

Don’t want to work out? Read affirmations then create your own. Too many blogs suck the air from anticipation. Hollywood drama is worse than a lazy Ben Stiller movie. Learn to participate with the monkey that’s stuck in the cage of self and teach it a new process of reaching for a better banana.

The main reason why I love this recession has nothing to do with big business falling to its knees but rather it’s challenging you to finally try something new and different. Push you a** over the hump, through the wall, under the wave of water that seems endless and lets get you back to believing you’re unforgettable.

I share the meanest comment to my closest friends when I see they’ve given up, “Don’t bother sending me an invitation to your funeral. I tried my best to keep you alive.”

I’ll always believe in you first…

arroecollins@clearchannel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment