Friday, April 1, 2011

Let it shower you....

Brian Andreas writes, “There are days I drop words of comfort on myself like falling leaves and remember that it’s enough to be taken care of by myself.”

Mix that expression with the current conditions outside your office or living room window; no matter how much we sneeze, wipe tainted tears from the corners of each eye the unwritten poetry posted is Mother Nature’s birth of spring.

New beginnings don’t ask for permission to be your friend it takes over like kudzu and wisteria and if you aren’t mentally and physically involved with the rebirthing process confusion turns longer sunlit days into personal battles to keep reaching back to something you'll never find.

The leaves of years past have passed; reminders can be found on forested floors made up of desk drawers, cardboard boxes and plastic bags that kiss the white tipped edges of every receipt printed at the mall, gas station and restaurant. We cling so tight to a past that can’t be changed that life in the most beautiful country in the world has become constipated.

We’re wound so tight the Jack in the box outsourced himself to a more peaceful generation.

Do trees lose their leaves because stockholders aren’t getting a bang for their invested buck? Does a squirrel mourn the loss of the itty bitty green leaf that winky dinked a funky dance in a summer breeze? While snakes, shy rabbits and really cool bugs nestle in the dried up brown and not so orange leaves below do the roots of a tree seek payment from the silent campers seeking such hiding places?

“There are days I drop words of comfort on myself like falling leaves and remember that it’s enough to be taken care of by myself.”

I stare into the eyes of the elders waiting to visit the heart doctor; through thought I ask, “Was all of what you’ve got really worth carrying so much weight?” I never hear their reply because I’m too damn busy chasing other people’s dreams.

That’s who we’ve become…tools in a weathered shed owned by an old farmer with a wart on his nose who refuses to stop reaching for the magic that’ll force Kevin the bull to lift his rump up and boogie out to the spring pasture. Life is an overpriced jellybean that’s been trained to make other people happy.

“There are days I drop words of comfort on myself like falling leaves and remember that it’s enough to be taken care of by myself.”

Walk into the bathroom and lean into the reflection shot back from the mirror; calmly tell no tale or excuse…just say nothing…the eyes are the window to the soul. Let it snow leaves of change.

I will always believe in you first…

arroecollins@clearchannel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment