Tuesday, September 6, 2011

How to deal with a Tuesday that feels like a Monday...

What are we worried about?



Charles Kingsley’s message is “Stop acting as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life. What we need to make us truly happy is something to be enthusiastic about.”



Massive amounts of groans blanket flat screens around the world…



Checking in with author John Mason his first lesson is to whip out a sheet of paper and practice what my mother preached, “Count your blessings.”



Norman Vincent Peal exclaims, “Think excitement, talk excitement, act out excitement and you’ll become an excited person.”



Personally I find more pleasure in knowing my art reaches people that didn’t spend a dime then I do selling a canvas with an Arroe vision attached. To see one of my songs on a Betty Ford Center web page generated more positive flow than 32 years of radio.



Winston Churchill keeps it simple when saying, “Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.”



I laugh when face to face with that view. I can’t be the only artist that’s never satisfied with the outcome of what’s found between the four corners of a frame until I’ve completely destroyed the original idea three to five times.



Only to hear someone slightly say, “I know exactly what mood you were in when this came to life.”



Totally impossible!



I document every brush stroke, each new swirl of paint, the chances required to wow me and the heart felt feelings of disaster delivered after I globbing too much red over the blue. How dare I add green to anything I create!



Papyrus opens the gate when sharing, “No one keeps up his enthusiasm automatically. Enthusiasm has to be nourished with new actions, aspirations, effort and vision.”



Julia Cameron from the Artist way doesn’t invite you to surround yourself with fans but those who’ve chosen to understand. I spent four years on the Barnes and Nobel writing circuit helping thinkers and doodlers accept the idea that being different and misunderstood was completely acceptable.



Gaining access to enthusiasm from someone close to you is like locating a needle in a haystack. Therefore I’ve learned to be extremely open with the discovery of my art. I leave my daily journal out to be read. I’ve taken the fear out of what others think by replacing it with a deeply driven desire to show someone how to be just as creative.



Do I have too much confidence? I hope so! Without hope and confidence you’ve developed a need to do nothing.



John Mason clearly points out, “Some people freeze in winter while others ski. If you lead a life filled with negative vibrations you’ll find yourself seasick.”



My worst nightmare right now is stepping on the scale. I know what I weighed at the time of the heart attack. I know what I’m required to weigh to keep the insurance company from calling me. I’m also well aware of what the web claims a man that’s six foot should come in at. Twice a day I step up to document and every time I hear my soul say, “You fat a** loser, lets see if there’s a reason to be happy today. You freakin fat pig it can’t be that difficult.”



I’ve convinced my normally extremely positive self that having a great outlook on the next ten minutes has been interrupted by a core source of extremely bad vibrations. Winston Churchill says it best, “A negative person is half way defeated.”



John Mason believes there’s a direct correlation between our passion and our potential. Whatever your hand finds to do…do it with all your might. Being positive is essential to the achievement and the foundation of true progress.



Stop letting your boss, brother, mother or neighbor control how you do what you do. As much as we want to believe art was meant to be judged…the truth is…it’s another way for you the creator to breathe during times when fall allergies have clogged the snot canal.



Practice being you because there’s no other like it; which makes you an incredible piece of art.



I will always believe in you first…



arroecollins@clearchannel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment