Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A lesson from the 1800's that can be used in modern sneakers...

Chief Sitting Bull was a vision of many; a keeper of guarantees and a warrior that mastered the art of communication influencing his present and future to trust the path he walked.



During times of tremendous struggle Sitting Bull was turned to for leadership while gaining the confidence to move invisible mountains that stole from the rays connected to the lighted sky.



With Sitting Bull came great value because he lived one way; each man is good in his sight…it isn’t necessary for eagles to be crows.



Basically meaning no day turned with him being someone other than him self.



Who were you last night at bed time?



Who were you when you woke this morning?



Who will you become as the day grows toward longer shadows?



A Broadcasting friend writes to me, “A radio station wants to hear more of my work! I need to give them more of me and less of a team.”



I cleared the way for them to use a studio. They settled instead on a cheap condenser microphone to which I replied, “When you sacrifice quality you lose.”



I earned my first of many bad emails today, “You hurt me for saying that.”



In the old days I would’ve fought back, “No it is you who hurt the teacher for my experiences and attention to fine detail was time wasted in the studios we shared.”



But I didn’t write that. I elected to not to be a crow in eagle clothes. I wrote, “Hate me for not wearing socks.”



When was the last time you studied the path of an ugly black as night crow? Instantly the forested sky draws you toward its carefully designed insurance policies; a bird of prey sneaks to the limb of an ageless tree doing nothing to hide its identity. The first to recognize the hoots of an owl or vocal scrapes from a red tail hawk is the bright red color of a cardinal. Within seconds not one but two sometimes up to four black crows begin their enchanted circle above the heavily silent collection of sticks stuck feet first into Georgia clay.



The bird of prey never changes its reasons for being there. An owl is an owl. The eagle no different. Shape shifting means nothing if the path chosen carries with it a purpose. While the crows collected above to fool the eye of a passerby by making it look like a larger than normal army; the bird of prey was never bothered. To get what he or she needs is no reason to become what its not.



My biggest weakness is trusting the multiple personalities making waves in the brain given to me at birth. Laughingly I joke of Arroe the radio guy having no communication with the personality that writes daily who will never be seen with the musician, the creator of art on a canvas versus the martial artist.



In reality; I’ve not focused on my teachers sketches. Each man is good in his sight. It isn’t necessary for eagles to be crows.



Being Arroe in a school of Tae Kwon Do isn’t healthy. Having been trained by Master’s doesn’t help me create an incredible radio commercial. Get the picture?



Or can they be used as a single unit of energy?



Don’t watch me! Look at the multiple personalities in the chapters you write; parent, employee, house cleaner taking on the duties of bill payer and late night medical assistant to cats and dogs that cough up fur balls.



Rather than convincing your tired self that the department head that developed multi-tasking should be hung for treason…build up the foundation by learning to recognize how much stronger you’ve become through teaching yourself how to move through tougher than usual expectations.



Yes our Grandparents had harder depressed times. Yes it was an unheard of struggle but from their survival Baby Boomer’s became the most vocally strong people this nation has seen since the creation of the Declaration of Independence.



By staying strong you develop foundations of success for the next in line.



My government owes me nothing. I vote to guarantee my right to create. Without laws we have no voice. Freedom is a privilege. Choice is a decision. For an eagle to be a crow isn’t stepping down but rather selling him or herself short of the individual strengths we all bring to the daily rush to getter done.



Be you…then teach your efforts to a willing passerby without making it look like you’re taking over the forested sky. We’re gonna make it but only if the education to succeed is delivered by way of unmasking who it is you’re truly trying to be.



arroecollins@clearchannel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment