Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I've been telling you a lie and its time to come clean...

Today I wish to laugh. Not to laugh at. Not necessarily to laugh with.
To laugh…
From which shadow does a laugh begin?
Might the corners of my mouth be inspired to share its journey?
How difficult can it be to laugh on a rainy Tuesday?
If this were a kid’s movie there would be farting and burping.
Adults tend to laugh through a method called following.
We laugh to laugh because the laugh came from someone accepting.
Laughing is a bodily function.
It should be natural…
Only to learn radio people fake laugh.
Comedians have mastered the nervous laugh.
Politicians and car dealers laugh their way to the bank.
While banker’s laugh about how stupid we are to accept their $5 ATM service charge.
We laugh out loud.
We laugh with a crowd.
We laugh when we fear.
We laugh at the sight of tight jeans and all that rear.
More importantly we laugh when we don’t understand.
I laughed when the Emergency Room said I was having a heart attack.
The doctor made me laugh while inside the ticker…we were impersonating car commercials.
Laughing is our green leaves of spring.
Laughter doesn’t wait for Fall to glide freely to the ground beneath.
Laughing can be irritating.
A child’s laugh steals my breath.
When my boss laughs I no longer trust.
So I believe laughter is a disease.
Does laughing really lead to a cure?
I was kicked out of class for too much laughing.
I heard the principal laugh after swatting my a**
My friend Zondra has breast cancer stage four and I’m not laughing.
I’ve spent two weeks trying to keep it from you.
Wearing bright pink shirts has made many people laugh here at work.
To hear it pours faith into the veins of a laugh that went up in flames
I think God might be calling and he isn’t laughing.
My friend Zondra didn’t do anything wrong then again she made me laugh during times we were supposed to be focused.
I feel guilty about laughing.
It’s unfair to laugh knowing Zondra is in that hospital bed.
If I didn’t have so many incredible memories of her I’d be laugh-less.
But no she always had to be that friend who always did funny things during awkward moments.
Her two daughters made us all laugh when they gushed over the sight of Justin Bieber.
The doctor wasn’t laughing when he asked them, “Where will you be living?”
Is there a laugh to be found when asking why?
Are laughs washed away when you have tears in your eyes?
If I trapped a laugh and stored it in a bottle; would it be wasted if I pulled it out right now?
If Zondra caught me writing this blog she’d stand beside me laughing.
That’s who she is…
No matter how strong the struggle she laughs.
No matter how bad the singers perform on American Idol she doesn’t judge she laughs.
No matter how many school students race to greet her while knocking her weak legs to the cold floor she always comes up laughing.
I often wonder how many of students know of her genuine laugh.
How many of them spell it Laff?
Who wrote the rules on making a laugh look like low-g-hhhh or loff-gg-hh?
When I laugh with tears in my eyes boogers can’t wait to shoot from my nose.
When I laugh while thinking about Zondra’s incredible strength I find a reason to believe.
arroecollins@clearchannel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment