Monday, October 24, 2011

Your boss pays the bills ultimately you pay the price...

Losing weight has always been a private issue. I’m easily embarrassed and feel incredibly uncomfortable. Compliments fall short of reaching my ears because I don’t know how to say, “Thank you,”

I feel as if I owe them a compliment back, “Um, the colorful fall leaves in the trees dance like angels kissing the horizons summer’s edge.”

I fall tremendously short by shifting the attention off me, “Maybe it’s you that’s losing weight and you’re seeing something new in everyone you meet.”

Is it selfish to wonder where they were when the last hole on the large leather belt was barely reached?

The number one reason why I’ll never be a true on-air radio talent is because I refuse to promote weight loss or fat reduction products.

Somewhere in the center of the message I’d pop on the guilt trip, “Are you doing sit ups? When was the last time you took on your heart and gave it room to live? While visiting the gym are you lost on the same treadmill speed as yesterday or have you challenged your legs to stop walking like a second grader?”

My first wife was horribly addicted to the concept of losing weight by way of shoving manmade products down her throat. I swam in daily nightmares watching as she destroyed a natural life.

I saw Jane Fonda so many times in my living room that as an on-air radio station prank I physically wrote a letter to her workout company asking that she pay part of the rent. They replied, “Thank you for being so incredibly loyal to our product. Don’t forget to share it with a neighbor!”

My friend Todd is a weight loss preacher. He’s dedicated his life to the value of helping hundreds set themselves free while building a better mind, body and soul without a single pill falling from his pocket. The foundation that which we all carry is no different than the engines that take us to and from work each morning. Ignore the oil and antifreeze and this winter something isn’t going to crank.

I won’t shove good health onto your daily diet. Winning is a choice and ultimately that decision must come from the core of your purpose for being.

I do plant seeds. They’re mental boogers for the mind to pick as a way to remind you to do butt crunches while sitting in a chair at work. Feel stress? Find a place to gift your thoughts with a set of ten sit ups, a round of pushups, squats or speedy walk around the building.

The dailychallenge.com believes no workday should go without personally designing a perimeter then walk it.

Right away the shy side of my multiple personalities begins to act up like a kid doped up on sugar, “You’ll never catch me in an act of regaining control of the limits of weight.” The choice is to run and hide. Once solitude is met; the journey begins.

Dailychallenge.com believes such perimeters are needed to lower blood pressure, improve moods while decreasing waistlines. Picking a perimeter adds variety because it motives the human desire to constantly discover new things.

Author Julia Cameron from Artist Way fame clearly paints the trail of a daily delivery to always include a short stroll because

it’s amazing what’s waiting for you outside those office windows.

Yesterday morning I felt the need to walk outside to the forest that surrounds my home only to instantly take note of a six point white tail buck staring at me. Without going all out totem on you…let’s just say it was the human ego that elected to leave the animal kingdom and through patience and a willingness to walk you’ll learn the wildly shaped and vividly colored eyes of a passerby has a lot more to say to you than smartphones, IPads and your neighbor Kevin whose impatiently waiting for the Panther’s to hit the football field.

Although I’ve guaranteed my dreams to stop chasing the color of a martial arts belt…the black belt path refuses to stop whispering. To hold true to this 2,000 year old lesson a third degree can’t be attained unless there is to be 10,000 sit ups inside a ten week period; 10,000 pushups, run 105 miles, fight 210 ninety second sparring rounds, perform 10,500 basic kicks and do each Tae Kwon Do form 1,500 times.

Martial arts is like radio…no moment passes that you don’t meet someone that’s done one or the other in college, high school or because there was nothing better to do. Sadly, both are taught by too many that think they know the truth.

I haven’t lost weight. I’ve gained knowledge.

Steal my art…

arroecollins@clearchannel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment