Thursday, December 1, 2011

Shaking hands with the side of you that you don't like...

Whole heartedly my truest passion feeds the roots of a single line handwritten then delivered to core of this nations continued history: Separation between church and state.

I’m not gonna get all political on ya…

A billion pages in the book ago the tike still hoisting teen wishes and size ten Converse basketball shoes quickly noticed a constant in all that he came in contact with. No two people are the same but can a single person walk that way?

My separation between church and state could easily fit within Webster’s description of selfishness. Rather than waste hard to locate energy dividing highways that which carry a normal peeps multiple personalities; I elected to accept that Dad was always different when away from Mom. My sister Susan seemed distant when with friends compared to family chases and challenges beginning first at the dinner table.

Separation between church and state to me is personally agreeing with the mind, body and ego that today I could be different than yesterday and it’s not your judgment doctor’s job to offer opinions that take value out of goals presented.

I’m not the only one that thinks this way!

Art Williams writes, “The only quality that’s more important is a will to win. You can’t defeat a will to win. Show me someone who’s obsessed with being somebody and I’ll show you a person who can figure out a way to win.”

Arroe on the radio can’t stand Arroe the blog writer and what’s up with the commercial producing side of Arroe? The studio is Muppet Happy! Arroe the musician won’t share a cup of McDonald’s sweet tea with Arroe the painter of giant white canvases. The martial artist Arroe isn’t even called Arroe in class! Arroe at home is a gnome.

I once had a boss that said, “People can’t figure you out so they instantly call you an a** hole.”

I laughed! I know that Arroe! I know them all! The common denominator is the will to win.

Art Williams continues, “Many organizations don’t look for employees with a will to win. It’s something that can’t be measured with a test. Effective leaders “LEARN” how to recognize it.”

I heard somewhere along the way that no morning radio show can or will be successful unless the presentation includes three very important pieces of a very large puzzle; you need a d**k, a dork and a deer. Your personal life should be no different.

The problem is the majority of today’s hardest working employees have been whittled down to nearly nothing by companies that micromanage or invest so much of their purpose into the bowels of the worker bee that the originality that created ruffed up ridges in potato chips is dead.

We’ve entered the age where not just anybody but everybody no longer trusts what could be an honest approach to having a great day at work. Fake smiles! Rubber handshakes! False ambition! In the past year the normal Joe Blow and Sally Nobody should’ve picked up Hollywood’s precious Oscar because the modern way to do your thing is to do it one way…their way.

I have 32 years of radio that I physically sit back and laugh at. I did exactly what they wanted.

Only to realize Arroe the business guy will never dine with any of the other Arroe’s unless it benefits. A willingness to win is a great tool from your Grandfather’s shed but unless you live it every day…its nothing more than a Christmas toy that got some attention only to be tossed into a corner.

I love weddings! That side of Arroe decided one day to do something about this nations 52% divorce rate. Those vocals escaping the torso may sound like a Keith Hawthorne Ford commercial but this message doesn’t end with, “See dealer for details.”

Scott asked me late, late last night, “Why did you decide to sit down with me and to write a yearlong blog series about homelessness?”

You would have too! Scott’s story is unbelievably energetic and inspiring and fully capable of influencing the nay sayers that spend their Sunday afternoons addicted to football games and other things that make them fat.

Wait! No judgment! That’s one of their personalities! Separation between church and state. I totally get it without having to get into it!

The idea of giving it your best shot is no different than a Commodore 64. Giving it your best shot has been replaced by, “I’ll take whatever I can get.”

So what if your personality has eight sides! Julia Cameron teaches us to locate the voices of everything that makes you happy then do it. Do you honestly believe you were born to be bored?

Will to win! Where’s yours?

If you ever wanna get to know the real Arroe get in line behind me.

arroecollins@clearchannel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment