Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Soul Of Radio And TV Still Don't Know Who You Are

I often wonder why so much of my time is spent pushing people toward developing an open relationship with daily writing when the attraction tends to be more dangerous than walking through rush hour traffic. Being an "everyday" writer can be compared to practicing for the Summer Olympics. You gain access to the mind, body and soul. The curve of sentence structure serves as a signal of too much stress or not enough room to dream. Writer's are born to creatively generate chance. Writer's set out on self designed journeys that often come across as raised middle fingers sent toward endless amounts of high school English teacher's. When in reality it's their basic layout of study that influenced me to pick up a writing instrument. My sixth book Another 1,021 Thoughts couldn't be edited by professionals until I found the single person that understood my writing accent. She didn't agree therefore changing her name totally in the credits. In their book The Pin Drop Principle authors David Lewis and Gary Mills speak of the actions words are capable of dropping fuel into. If you only knew how many emails and text messages I've sent that the receiver read completely wrong generating more negative energy than the war between God and the Devil. Lewis and Mills believe most writer's lack intension and objective claiming inside every ambition to write identifying the I and O should describe the purpose of the message in a single sentence. Their example: I want to ____intention____ my audience so that my audience will ___objective___. Instantly I laugh! I produce radio and television commercials! While speaking at universities and Broadcasting schools the first things I ask, "Why did you fork out $16,000 or more for this class when you could've purchased advertising? Instead of wasting your time in school you could already be on the air!" That seems negative doesn't it? Ya think? I didn't use the rules of I and O! Lewis and Mills believe any communication requires the writer or speaker to imagine your intension that which connects with human emotion. It will earn you an audience. Imagine how you want the audience to feel. My message to students is completely negative. As much as I wanted to create a funny... the end result is a blast of truth that invites a negative vibration called guilt. Only people already in the business of Broadcasting realize the message; clients doing their own commercials is like having a first time at a KISS concert fan jump on stage and pull off a classic Simmons blood spurting God of Thunder moment. It doesn't matter how many times you've seen the Demon thrust fire from his lungs in pictures and on VH1 Classics, nobody but Simmons can do it right. Anybody can spit fuel into the air and light it. It's the 40 plus years of constant crowd pleasing that instantly ignites the night when Simmons uses perfectly timed out pauses that rip from a Rock fans heart screams, cheers and flying arms first given birth as a crazy ass teen. My only reason for visiting Face Book is based on studying the way people write. I want to feel the verbal pictures people melt onto a computer screen. What techniques are being used to draw me closer to the drama? What is the intension versus the objective? Face Book hasn't made us the Communication Generation; teamed up with Spell Check we've evolved into a separated method of new wave wango tango lingo that beats the crap out of all things accepted for a good grade and falling into nothing more than street slang. Lewis and Mill's point out, "Regardless of the message, you want your listeners and readers to be emotionally engaged. You want their investment in what you're saying." Again I laugh out of control! People depend on my imagination to create commercials that get inside your head and heart only to find myself Billboarding the 30 to 60 second message. The client wants, needs, has to have and won't buy unless we deliver. I totally get it. I'm glad I don't have to answer the phone when the client doesn't get results. My intension was reality. The objective was to help you understand why radio and television commercials enforce button pushing. They weren't designed with you in mind therefore the natural thing to do is disconnect. Now try this at your place of business. Why aren't your brilliant ideas becoming a reality? The bad thing about being in radio and television is there's nothing to block you from witnessing my failures. I never get to see you. I can only assume you're perfect. Still negative? Damn it! I will always believe in you first... arroe.net

No comments:

Post a Comment