Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Unlock Your Kept And Give Someone Something New To Keep

Words hit me like jaw breaking candy tossed out during a small town Carolina Christmas parade. At fifty I grasp outward by way of allowing my fingertips to steal from the thin cold air a presence of not needing but craving the sweet surprises held inside it's warped shape perfectly designed to take my moment in time on a Carowinds rollercoaster ride. Today's word: Kept Quickly I race to Dictionary.com! "Kept" means to hold or retain in ones possession. To have the use for a period of time. To maintain especially in accordance with specific requirements. I've "Kept" to myself too long and in setting myself free people didn't see me but an ass. I laugh at that thought! We've been redesigned to think but not be heard. Face Book and Twitter might ignite the unheard conversation but even the Brady Bunch and Partridge Family would find fault in the cracks laced with a continuation of "Kept" feelings, fears and unshared determinations. I've "Kept" nearly all my radio memories. Much of it pressed into the veins of plastic cassette tapes that couldn't keep up with natural occurrences in temperature control and atmosphere therefore the maker of revisiting such "Kept" places makes it difficult because the next time I listen could be the last...tape tends to break. "Kept" a free backstage pass to a past you can't change. I hear it all the time, "My first spouse! My childhood friend! My old boss! At my last church!" I waste no time in immediately interrupting the private concert, "You're talking to the wrong person. I can toss you a rope but don't ask me to climb into the hole." Hypocrite! Sing it to me choir! Hypocrite! "Kept" are my written daily words in places protected from fire and flood to which I'll share with anyone at anytime day or night. But to make noise during a drama driven performance not played out by "I" qualifies my "Kept" for ass of the year. "Kept" to have the use for a period of time. I'm thinking that's screaming, "Let go..." I find fear when "Kept" creeps into the depths of my thought process. Teenage beer drinking keg parties in the south hills of Billings, Montana. How did I make it here? "Kept" controls your emotions, devotions and dedications. "Kept" keeps you from growing forward. "Kept" to maintain especially in accordance with specific requirements. Without a doubt I stop. My mind begins to search. Who and what high school teacher warned me of staying shy of making friends with "Kept?" "Kept" has requirements? If this was Congress I'd incorporate a plan to filibuster! Write a letter to the customer service department at Sears and complain about nothing but feel great about doing so! I'd eat hotdogs at a Chinese restaurant! People, including me...keep a lot of stuff we don't need. What's been "Kept" can't break the concrete shell placed around the hardwood finish of a coffin. Then it becomes the property of anyone willing to keep it for themselves. Oh crap! This is worse than trying to kill cockroaches. "Kept" are my biggest challenges. Especially the ones that defeat me. I can't keep a secret which is why I will never be anything more than a commercial maker for Clear Channel Radio. During the 1980's when I couldn't cut into my arms anymore because the pain was too much I "Kept" a style of poetry that spoke in the tongue that still confuses too many to count. Today when I look back the "Kept" confuses even "I" for my eyes don't remember why I chose that dance rather than just saying it. "Kept" If it was born in the south it would've been Keptville or Keptboro. No such place... Until you open the door to your closet. I will always believe in you first... arroe@arroe.net

1 comment: