Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Your Butt Looks Big! Because You Didn't Thank It When It Was Small

The Italian proverb reads: He who enjoys good health is rich, though he knows it not. Got a headache? Pop a pill. Have a heart attack? Pop multiple pills. Endless pounding in your arms and neck ache like a middle of the night Carolina thunder. Pop your back!

Never mention that to a chiropractor.

I'm not a doctor or a medical student but Lord knows the amount of money forked out for quick fix it programs could've landed me a fancy plaque to hang on the radio station wall. Remember when going to a Doc in a Box was the easiest way to get hooked up to the fluids that kept away a stomach virus and cough? Now that we're knee deep in September, neatly designed flu shot window posters blanket every drug store scene. I'm shocked McDonald's isn't offering them with chocolate shakes or a heaping cup full of coffee. The healthier we are the more we crave burgers and fries! He who enjoys good health is rich, though he knows it not. Health is a gift of life. Just like the sun, no matter how cloudy the moment, you receive it every day. But how often are you grateful toward health? I ran hard for 45 minutes last night. Never once did I thank my body for being strong enough to take me beyond 30 seconds. Today I fear the rain knowing the bodies system can swiftly pick up a virus or be brutalized by fall time allergies. Once the process begins its human nature to point fingers while depressing the air that circles the workplace, home environment or weekend shopping. Written deeply into the veins of the pages that make up the book The Magic is a valuable lesson to live by: When you are grateful for your health, you won't only maintain your current health but you'll increase the flow of health to you. The first thing seen? Improvement... Energy, vitality and happiness increase when you showcase gratitude toward the mind body and soul that brought you to the dance. For the love of God this is starting to sound like a damn 3am info-merical. I lost you at hello! A Presbyterian Preacher by the name of John Henry Jowett once said, "Gratitude is a vaccine, an antitoxin and an antiseptic." Is this why Wal-Mart greeters constantly thank you for stopping in? Research probably shows the average person feels incredible after falling witness to a simple smile followed by a solid, "Thank you." Ever thought about pulling off a Home Depot moment on the eyes looking back at you in the mirror? Oh oh...we might have to jump on this party train! New studies say, "Sharing gratitude with yourself eliminates stress and tension." This goes totally against the family doctor that calmly told me the best way to free yourself from high blood pressure caused by stress was to take this pill. Being the total smart ass that I am my immediate response was, "Wow! Do you mean a pill will get Keith Hawthorne to show up at a recording session on time? This pill you speak of, will it get the two guys producing my music to wake the "F" up and finish the project?" Time out! I need to showcase some gratefulness to my body. I can feel rivers of boiling stress pouring over the edges of the snot canal below my nose. According to The Magic...don't just thank your stomach for accepting last night's spicy meatball surprise. The journey begins with balance. Who better to offer gratitude to than your legs. Outside of your hands, those two constantly aching pain in the butts next to the butt put you in the right place at the right time. Have you ever thanked them for being part of the chapters you write? I'm calling the Department of Social Services! You want and want! You crave and crave! You get to where you're going but your legs never hear a simple thanks? I'm not even gonna ask about your arms or facial cheeks. Have you thanked your rear for keeping the system clear? What? If I was a doctor you'd be spilling your guts! I know it sounds stupid! Can you imagine laying naked thanking the bodies system and someone walks in? "I was showing gratitude! I swear it was my gratitude!" The gift of health is what keeps you alive. Send yourself an email or text. Say only two words, "Thank you." People ask me all the time if having a heart attack changed my life. No it didn't. I changed my life. I lost the 50 lbs by my 50th birthday. I chose to free myself from the medicines doctors so easily prescribed. I workout every day, the gym and while placing the spirituality of martial arts into the veins of each page. My body gave me a gift of I quit on July 21, 2009. As mentally sick and challenging as it may sound... no morning passes that I don't sit down with a pen and paper and be real through journaling. The inner voice has the strength to silence multiple systems of choice. Communication with your body is a brilliant display of gratefulness. No moment passes that I don't stop and thank the signals sent to me in the shape of a sore throat. The body knew if it hurt...the radio and voice over career was in danger. I went to the doctor for a strep throat check and came out with a heart attack. I refuse to believe it's the silent killer because the body speaks to you in ways that you've learned to tune out. Just something to think about... arroe@arroe.net

No comments:

Post a Comment