Friday, October 12, 2012

Have You Quit America? The Candidates Have...

I honestly don't know how to react to last night's Vice Presidential Debate except to say, "When do we get to vote "early" so this mess can finally be put to rest? Last night's drama showcased the true state of our place in history; Biden wouldn't stop interrupting Ryan. It didn't matter if he was right or wrong...just like a war of words with my stepfather Joe and every GM, CEO and Business Owner, the man in the top spot always gets the last word. If time shows the big man is wrong; it no longer matters because those that chose to challenge were fired long ago. Everybody saw it! Nobody chose to step up and support! I don't care how long the lines will be! My vote! Let me get rid of it! I'm tired of the Political Radio ads. I can't stand reading what Face Book Friends have turned into! My mind is locked and ready to rock! I know my position! No matter who's getting in, it won't take an act of Congress or the approval of the President to change the Nation. When will Voter's learn that political people are nothing more than Morning Radio Show Talent getting paid to do an endorsement without actually using the product? I want to see Romney stand for eight endless hours at the checkout counter at Lowes and Home Depot. I want Obama to handle the lunch crowd at the Wendy's off Kings Drive in Charlotte, NC. Biden needs to bite his lip and see what it's like to stay open at midnight on Thanksgiving hoping to God there are enough sales to keep 3/4's of the staff on board. As for Ryan? Please show me how you spell potato... (I was there when Dan Quayle slipped before there was Spell Check." Billions of advertising dollars have been dumped into this campaign. They're verbally abusing each other and nobody has thought to call the Department Of Social Services. Billions that could've been spent on rebuilding workforces. Wait! That's not going to happen. The money stops at the top of the pyramid. The debated message: 47% aren't rich enough to make new laws. The Dean of Boys Mr. Eschler at Riverside Jr High in Billings, Montana would've taken all this bickering, finger pointing, false actuating to the gym, "Gentlemen...it's time to put on the boxing gloves." Three 3 minute rounds. Why do Newscasters moderate the debates? I want Mike Rowe! That man has seen more American dirty jobs than the candidates have pick up dirty socks. Wait! They're rich! The maid is paid to do it. But are they happy? Are any of us supposed to be happy? I keep wondering how much longer we have to wait to hear one of them say, "Just be lucky you live in the United States." If Mike Rowe can't moderate the next debate; give me Tom Bodett from Motel 6. No matter how late the night, tough the times or rough the going, he's always going to leave the light on! I need to stop Blogging. It's a Twitter Generation. I lost your attention twelve paragraphs ago. But before I drop the weight of the debate and attempt to move through my day...it just wouldn't be me on any given Friday not to share a Blah Blah Radio Blog from the past. Because I still have the right to write everyday...I'm headed back to the 2008 Presidential Election to check in with the mindset we had then. Dear Jesus...don't let me walk this path alone. Maybe it's time we start counting to twenty. Tuesday 10-28-2008 4:26pm ET The inner complications we bring to the surface through measures of assumption completely fascinates the edges of my imagination. It doesn’t matter how many times Mom warned, “Don’t judge a book by its cover,” we do, not once or twice but consistently to the point of becoming numb about doing it then denying it. Thousands of political candidates are racing to be seen and heard. They want the job 98% of us wouldn’t sacrifice five minutes to achieve. Wait…that’s judging a book by its cover. Guilty as charged! So why then do we allow political ads to sway our decision behind the curtain? I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard people say, “I won’t vote for that person because.” Instantly I can see the commercial they just viewed. Is it judging a book by its cover if I say we’re allowing commercial marketing departments do our research? Book judging doesn’t always have to be associated with people, places or things. It can be an action to a reaction, a signal or message. Emails are filthy in the tanks of assumption. A program director once said to me, “I’ll never send a department head memo to my talent…people always read something different than what’s been presented. It becomes a war I can’t win. So, I elect not to throw the first stone.” Buddhist Monk Thich Nhat Hahn simplifies the subject by displaying two separate states of peace…those who have weapons versus those who don’t. Both countries know of the importance of peace yet one spends billions of dollars yearly to promote the value they have in guaranteeing peace. In Tae Kwon Do we are trained to protect while walking in peace. Suddenly, I feel like the giant country with a million man army. One who promotes the development of inner languages versus outer expressions stands back all too often and questions the desires of a master to reach levels of study that put weapons before peace. Being in this process of decision making forces me to judge the book by its cover, creating anything but peace. Your boss asks you to step up your game. To lend a few more hours of dedication and loyalty to help see the company through these challenging times. Book judging follows. A need to move forward is broadcast sending waves of negative vibrations not just through your department but right onto the surface of the decision maker’s desk. Mom’s second golden rule, “Teachers have eyes behind their head, bosses are the people who invented them.” Ever wonder how a tree feels when a cold wind races through its leaf system? I’ve never seen a tree protest. A tree is trained as a seedling to bend with the wind, to stand sturdy during raging rains and to never stop reaching for the sun that which feeds its purpose. A tree is peaceful until it falls and its only the human who sees it as a moment of destruction…the rest of the kingdom has been waiting for the tree to approach an even higher level of purpose…to feed those who couldn’t reach the higher points. Now the snakes have a place to keep warm this winter while the termites fill up without having to munch on the human home. The migrating birds stop for a bite to eat and the soil becomes solid with enrichment while the shell that once held shade true to its game melts into an unperfected shape of thank you. So…if I understand the taps made on the tips of these letters connected to a keyboard, the writer is saying, “In a perfect world we’d have no opinion right?” There I go again, judging the cover of a perfect world’s book. When did we become so numb? Lessen the load…an eye for an eye is so 2008 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment