Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Money Might Buy Time But Not Gratefulness

Whoa...this quote from Rhonda Byrne will bite you in the south side of a donkey walking north, "No matter what your current situation, the very thought that you don't have enough money is being "ungrateful" for the money you do have." Can you handle a new impossibility? That set you up for failure didn't it? In her book The Magic, Rhonda reintroduces us to less weight more gain. Your chest already has enough piled on it! Stop treating yourself like every boss in Corporate America! Get your mind out of the "current" and into "grateful." What? The quickest way to my "anger" button is a conversation about money. Compared to my performance in the squared circle Rick Flair and Hulk Hogan are interns. While growing up, Dad physically made sure "financial speak" was never wasted at the dinner table. We had nothing and during those late 60's he had no inspiration to chase down American fads to keep his young ones happy or looking good at Ponderosa elementary school. My heart tingles when the lion colored eyes lock onto a lost penny. Rhonda continues, "The subject of money can be a tricky. Managing your thinking engine keeps the fuel off the fire. Being honest with yourself helps the inner core of your faceless beast to find enough air to breathe." Don't think of your present situation. Put energy in who you were as a child and answer these questions. 1. Did you always have food to eat? 2. Did you live in a home? 3. Did you receive an education over many years? 4. How did you travel to school? 5. Did you have a bike or toys? 6. Did you have clothes your growing body could climb into? 7. Did you go to the movies or play sports or a musical instrument? 8. Did you go to the doctor or dentist? 9. Did you have toothpaste and soap? 10. Did you watch television or listen to music? Stop! I can't be the only one that just shot through a billion hidden away memories. Every question put me in a corner with no extremely loud dogs barking away potential intruders. In The Magic, the lesson...if that's what you wanna call it... The lesson teaches the invisible self holding the keys to your deepest anger that everything you did as a child required money. You might have been convinced that the family didn't have much but in reality the essentials were covered. But have you ever been "grateful" toward what your parents did provide? Another way to show some love is to write in large letters on a dollar bill: Thank you for all the money I've been given through my life." Put it in your pocket and take note of the number of times you'll be tempted to spend it. 1977 in Billings, Montana...teen idol Leif Garrett was in town. While walking through the Yellowstone County Fair I took note of the clean cut blonde haired kid playing festival games. I being a music junky had to get a signature. No paper nor pen. From my pocket I whipped out a dollar bill. On a ground a chunk of burnt firewood. While sharing his name with me a bigger kid walked up and said, "Your wasting a dollar bill on this guy?" Leif turned around and said, "You know what's great? He'll never be broke again." I still have that dollar bill. But I've spent every dollar the grandparents stuffed into birthday cards. Preachers, teachers, Mom's and overweight uncles constantly remind us even in adult shoes how money doesn't grow on trees. Although the $10,000 Silver Dollar Bar in Western Montana makes money making look so easy...rarely is there a day that we aren't challenged by someone always needing more cha ching. My poor mother had five children of her own and three more were added to the plate through marriage. 8 x I Want It Now = Peace. I never saw her worry about having a lack of green. I blamed it on her being raised on a ranch in the greasy grass of Wyoming. Farmers know how to cultivate every shade of soil. What if the missing nutrient in your dirt is "gratefulness?" I once knew a man that washed his money daily. Written off as being a mental sickness...I found it to be incredibly inspiring. Then again I feed rivers and lakes full of sanity each time I meet a new tree. I walk up to it and listen to the stories it caught while chasing clouds. I can't fathom the chapters a dollar bill could write! I bet it would never go all out TMZ while explaining where it's been and how long it took to reach you. It's money! People love it. A dollar bill is never lonely. People are... hmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment