Thursday, November 1, 2012

Are You The Victim Of A Face Book Friend Dropping

I sit before you, on this computer screen in front of quite possibly some sort of stuffed animal or creature, a family photo, maybe an old fashioned pencil somewhere nearby on this item you've proclaimed a desk. "I've been to the Voting Booth!" My "Early" ballot line was no Macarina, Cha Cha Slide nor did it feature the entire cast of the Village People pulling off the YMCA. 45 minutes to an hour in length where one maybe five extremely tired, bored but not lazy voices voluntarily left. Quickly I thought, "This is going to be fun! To hear how each will redesign their excuses for no longer participating." "I'm hungry so I'll do it before Saturday. I guess I didn't study the candidates long enough. I wonder what my kids are doing in the car." Yes! I dared to stand up straight and keep my aging hands at my side without feeling any sort of need to bend at the knees and sit. I was on a personal mission to study every corner of that city library searching for anything and everything that could or would be used as a tool offering subliminal messages. Five pages (days) away from locating the conclusion to the most expensive, highly stressful, stretched beyond reason, over produced by television, radio and internet news departments; Election Season. Sure I'm excited! In the number of Face Book Friends that were dropped in the past six months because their political views polluted what used to be an incredible source of entertainment! The right side of my FB page turned into the Ringling Brothers and Barnum Bailey Circus. Didn't anybody listen to their parents? Politics and Religion are things you don't talk about in public. Truth is...I couldn't give a rats butt who my Mom put her thumb print on. It wouldn't take much to accept someone's decision for not voting. It's your right as a citizen of the United States of America to or not to...participate. I do feel like my mailbox has been violated. But it has no voice. It has no eyes to identify the intruder that's placed larger than life political promotions inside its plastic soul. No arms to block, no feet to run. Not even a set of ears to hear the final results late, late after Jimmy Falon Tuesday. I'm very impressed with the huge piles of trash that were sent through the U.S. Mail System. Maybe they'll shut the hell up about being broke. I worry though about the number of forests that lost trees that were used to spread trashy talk from what once was New Jersey to a quaking upper Washington state. I know! It sounds like I'm bitching, complaining and standing in the way of everybody's right to freely speak...but my heart breaks knowing 98% of us have fallen onto the sandy shores of a riverbank I call: Accepted behavior of randomly tight invitations of numbness. While in that early voting line, I watched people go in and come out. I have been to the mountain top and I hold in the core of this nations open sore: Numbness. Without expression. No need to believe. There was a scent of fear in the air. What if your voice isn't heard? What if a state 500 miles from where your next step forward becomes too tight and the Electoral College pulls open its suit coat to reveal a giant "S"? Through the mistiness of a midnight moon setting on an unborn tomorrow the only choice offered becomes a lingering sting no doctor can pretend to mend. What? Did you think I was jotting down the lyrics to this Blog for you? You who stands in November 2012? Oh hell no! I'm sending messages to the future! The internet is forever. What we say, write and present in picture form will find a way to a computer screen owned and operated by your Grandchild's teenage son or daughter. Accepted behavior of randomly tight invitations of numbness has become "The Way." Wow I can't wait until Steven Spielberg makes a movie about it. Our luck, Disney will purchase him out of business too. You did hear Disney bought Lucas Films/Star Wars for $4 Billion? To which I close with... Being that Disney owns everything except the White House...but if they offered something like it while offering better pensions, food prices and no need to fill up with fuel or worry about if your bank will be in business tomorrow, would you sacrifice your U.S. citizenship to become a Disney-nian? How long would it take to make Tom Cruise the President? NO! Tom Hanks! NO! Orville Wim-ba-molocule! A total nobody but WOW they cartoonist did a fine job on his design! Which is not the line I wanted to write but elected to pull back because the reality of Face Book is...people are watching and what we say will infect everything you do for the next 7 generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment