Thursday, November 8, 2012

Reasons Number 1, 2, 5 and 12 Why You Aren't Happy At Work

I don't know where it happened! It's too easy to point an index finger at the indentation left like an autograph. The only evidence of proof is the actualization of nothingness. But something took place! Right there in between chasing dreams and realizing. The passion to drop the drama and locate "solutions." Which is like chewing the fat off the forbidden apple. Or...properly peeling the label off an old fashioned glass bottle of Miller beer. In 1978 high school Montana, those caught with ripped labels spelled out "virgin." They didn't cover this stuff in the film Porky's! Finding "that" solution and "peeling" labels correctly can be done but the end result won't lead an tattered and torn broken horse to the winner's circle of a popularity contest. Look at the Rubik's Cube craze! Getting the toy lit the fuse. Twisting and turning, tossing and nearly giving up fed a personal need to be seen as a winner. Although you were mentally busted, that colorful collection of squares challenged you more like a mentor and not a teacher. Then it happens...click, click twist...a sudden burst of energy ignites a weapon of mass satisfaction and from you a smile much brighter than the Northern Lights heals the senses. Until you looked up and your friends and family became Rubi-tized: Drama caused by filthy ugly mean as can be but you'll never hear it from me jealousy! Maybe 40% of all office cliques, book clubs, girls and guys nights out and pre-Thanksgiving planning parties live off the negative energy brought on by other people's successes. The other 60% stems from the remnants of Hurricane Solution. We've made bitching and moaning a newfound religion. The acceptable behavior is to flat out stop the spinning of the earth and take a verbal dump in front of the only exit! Missing from the elements of value? The guts without glory path maker's that stand before the huge ass walls made of "I can't, not my job, I won't, why should I and not me!" Without fear they lift their walking stick high in the air and like lightning kissing the warm edges of a mountain lake they split that **** in two. Rock on Garth! The crushed completely out of control day has been saved! But! And I mean "BUT!" That's a big ole butt. What happens to the person or persons responsible for locating the "solution?" They're left in the hole with no rope, ladder, elevator or escalator to return them to a safe base of security. Immediately I think of Superman, Spiderman, Batman and Wonder Woman. Where the hell do they go and what happens to their moods when everything they just gave has lost its importance? Until the next time... Why don't more people participate with "solution" location? Author Steven Furtick might be onto something here: Not daily but minute by minute every human brought to this planet faces three ongoing never ending situations: 1. What if 2. What then 3. But I might just It's the inner war that's divided our nation, our offices and got us kicked out of the Animal kingdom. There's not a squirrel on earth happy about having to deal with humanized relaxed decision to keep it simple stupid. Them there two legged fanatics can't make it to the toilet without picking up a twelve pack of drama. Furtick calls it, "Actuality versus Productivity." What if I offer help? What if they see me as being a leader? What then? My workload will increase! I'll spend more time working then getting paid. They will begin to depend on me too much when all I want to do is get home to catch Ellen. But I might just help make the office run smoother if I extend my experience to someone in need. But I might just open an imagination begging to learn how to lead rather than follow. But I might just... In September of 1993...I stood on the corner of Walk and Don't Walk. I'll never forget walking my Arroe way down the long thin halls of Jefferson Pilot 107.9 and without delay noticed a slumping badly sick white faced Image Director trying to create. What if I helped him finish the work? I knew imaging! I had written and mixed all the promos and sweepers for 95 QQ before arriving at JP! What then? Being sick usually means several days. Do I have enough room in my day to image 107.9 for a week? But I might just do a great job and without a doubt Radio people being the biggest hand me downs on earth... I could very easy be given this job as a newly designed by higher powers expectation. You don't need to see my resume to know the rest of the story. Actuality versus Productivity changed the vision of where I stood and still stand within the four walls of Radio. The best you can offer anybody doesn't have to be a strong back and tough as nails hands. Try getting your mind out of the drama gutter and put more importance on busting the gate into a front yard of "solutions." You won't have too many fans but your friends will be genuine.

No comments:

Post a Comment