Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pictures Of A New Book: Part Fourteen

The moment we entered the elementary school library the first grade teacher warned, "Don't judge a book by its cover." Hardly if ever as an Artist on canvas do I find comfort in locating the frame that goes around one of my expressions. Why should I feel any different about the big city lights that catch a readers wandering eye? While writing books I exercise expression. The book's cover can and will change more times than a perfectionist should be allowed. Once the edits are complete. The final step before the publisher pushes the pages forward the signature must be placed on the line that which signals an approval. Meaning there's no turning back. I hated the cover of One Man's 1,021 Thoughts. I was wrapped up more in first time publication chills and fear that I said yes to everything. That changed on Another 1,021 Thoughts, Conversation With The Devil, Halloween 78 The Blizzard White Canvas and Radio Blah Blah Blogs One and Two. I'm not a control freak. The writer in me has to find a place to agree with the Artist's view without having to sit in cold lonely rooms explaining over and over about what the book means.

No comments:

Post a Comment