Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pictures Of A New Book: Part Ten

The biggest mistake I've made (so far) as a writer is walking into a Barnes and Noble store searching for a place to be published but bought a book instead. Every page listed companies searching for subjects and styles. Rather than me being me I chose to act out the first thing that led to the scent of published ink. Instantly "New Age Religion" became the section of the bookstore I fell into. Wait! This wasn't a bad thing! Chapters come and pages are sewn, scenes so bright a shadow shaped like the main character inspires curves to be placed where mystery grows. The current under construction new book titled Scrambled Eggs combines every personality and style I'm required to be from Blogging to writing commercial copy, dancing with poetry, long form story sharing and ordering Tacos from Jack In The Box are nothing more than tools of the trade. Challenge yourself to write in every direction. What seems like backwards reveals a newer way to redesign a love triangle, murder scene or two birds sitting in a tree barking at fish chasing dogs swimming in the nearby lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment