Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pictures Of A New Book: Part Thirty Four


Brave but stupid.  Fun but still too much toward the invisible.  No matter what I write.  How it's presented.  The end result of nearly everything punched into the well worn nubs of a computer keyboard is another person's opinion.   

I'm a sucker for it.  Art gallery shows in cities where I couldn't defend or better sell.  Radio shows controlled by nationally known consultants and brilliant programmers spouting, "Do it this way.  Now try this.  I know what I said but let's twist it again then again." 

Often described as constructive criticism; calling a spade a spade...the expression is still an opinion.

I've decided to change the name of my Blog from Blah Blah Radio to Scrambled Eggs.  Yeah... kind of sort of after my new book of the same title.  The more pages that seep from these fingertips the less radio plays in the multitudes of performances I'm required to put on.  Radio is 1/1000th of who I am.  It doesn't deserve to infect the flow of oil scooting through my engine.  It's just an envelope connected to a hundred thousand more.

Which is why as a writer I've pushed myself toward separating the Blogs.  Instead of crunching spiritual speak next to Rock Jock talk.  Why not give the interviewer his own envelope?  The writer acts like a teenager so it's time to give him his own room.

It's a test.  A view of where readers are and how they move.  I'm searching for something that may not exist but when I find it.  I'll do everything within my writing power to share it.

I host five Blogs. 

1. Unplugged And Totally Uncut

2. Connecting Road:  The Preacher And The Poet

3.  Rock Jock Talk

4.  Scrambled Eggs

And one that's totally anonymous.  The authors identity isn't important. 

It's not ego!  I'm a Broadcaster.  Rarely if ever do you find Hip Hop on a Country station. 

I hosted a five hour lecture this past Monday.  A huge room blessed with performers claiming to have been personally called by the Radio Gods, "Love ya mean it but your energy and wild imagination is needed on the radio." 

I love hearing their stories!  No two Broadcasters come from the same mold.  Each journey has been shaped by a passion.   It could be a brilliant play on a football field to a guitar riff that refuses to cut free of your desire to be.  Real people conditioned to believe they're the answer for Talk Radio.  Shy peeps with no switch to crank up their vocal strength whisper, "I don't know what I want to be." 

After each story.  I stood there carefully trying to come up with a leverage. 

Motivate.  Connect.  Leverage.  I live it.  I breathe it.  To help.  To fine tune.  To blend, mix and shake up. 

Instead of saying, "You are brilliant!  You're going to be stars!  I will hire you tomorrow!" 

Nope....  I chose to put the writer ahead of all things, "Are any of you Blogging yet?  The new age of Broadcasting is connecting.  Radio and TV motivate.  As a Broadcaster in a community that's chosen to support you...you've got to have leverage.  You have to write every day.  Find your listener.  Know who is watching.  Live through their experiences.  Get the attention off you and figure out what the hourly change in language is."

Not even a golf clap.  No dull roar.  Mumble.  Snicker or someone wanting to take a break. 

"Millions of people have been convinced that radio and television are where they need to be.  Yet top dog researchers and satellite addicted music nuts have labeled the industry dead.  Those bastards can still be reached.  Through your writing.  It's still Broadcasting!"

I challenged them to begin a Blog.  Share your story!  Talk to the 999,999 other people trying to do what you've set out to become.      

Not even a golf clap.  No dull roar.  Mumble.  Snicker or someone wanting to take a break. 

No matter what I write.  How it's presented.  The end result of nearly everything punched into the well worn nubs of a computer keyboard is another person's opinion.   I'm a sucker for it. 

The photo presented is a snap shot of my writing from the 2nd grade and beyond.  It was once neatly placed in boxes in Montana.  Until the day I had ten minutes to race to the attic of my parents house and stuff as much as I could get into a suitcase til overflowing.

I'm convinced that this is what it looks like inside a computer's memory system a wishful terabyte wide.    

No comments:

Post a Comment