Friday, March 1, 2013

Pictures Of A New Book: Part Thirty One

Sebastian Junger is the fingertips behind the book and movie Perfect Storm. His goal is to try and be completely disinterested in what he thinks people will like. "I like writing for myself. I want to learn about the world and writing is the way to do it." You might agree to disagree with his writing style. It works. For him. Being yourself is the key to finding success through writing. No matter how you bring words to the surface; the physical delivery makes you James Bond. Mountains are made to be broken. Climb it. Move through it. Race to the right or left to get around it. To just sit down and give up... I'll accept that. I see it every day in Radio. Hear about it all the time from friends and co-writers claiming, "I no longer feel the need to express through pen meeting paper." Sebastian Junger likes to put waves in motion. To do so... You need to figure out how waves work. In my new book Scrambled Eggs the goal has been to stay 100% away from already written autobiographies, newspaper articles and other shapes of media. The entire concept of the story is: What if? As a writer I've challenged myself to take an extremely well known person and slip them inside an envelope of: This could've happened. But it has to be shared in a way that doesn't preach or come across as a historic narrative. Character development is based on Sebastian Junger's suggestion of writing for myself. I've always been a Poet. My first six publications had to be edited for simplicity. Part of the reason why it took Halloween 78 thirty four years to publish was because in 2002 I rewrote the book through methods of Poetic delivery. The editor hated me for it. The entire book had to be rewritten and made crazy simple. My first published book One Man's 1.021 Thoughts was raw with language. The publisher shot it down. Five rewrites were put into play. Every curse word had to be ripped from the core of honesty. Scrambled Eggs is the way I want my books to read. My vision is that of a reader sitting on the toilet bawling their eyes out over something that didn't happen. But what if?

No comments:

Post a Comment