Thursday, June 13, 2013

Breaking Bad Corner

Uninvited. Unannounced. From out of left field scenes. Not a movie. Television show or weekend family outing. Scenes! Designed by words. Dumped into. Onto. Through and around a tube connected to the tips of a writer's fingerprints. To poets, book authors and bloggers. This is a corner starter. Total punishment. To a child. It's Time Out! Fits tossed. Doubt. Heavier than chocolate. Fear of failure. The need to be accepted must be respected. A cornered writer is a Pit Bull in a Rooster fight taking on Super Chicken. Hmmm that's funny. That chicken looks like Hulk Hogan. Now who wins? If you think blogging and book nudging is a challenge. Wait until you're forced to sit in itty bitty rooms with sales reps demanding drop of the hat success. Kind of like walking up to a comedian and saying, "Be funny. Now!" Except the funny people. They've got a way. To swiftly make light of Pit Bulls in a Rooster Fight. Not all Writer's have the ability to instantly print. In fact most writer's won't Polaroid camera a project. You want something? Quality is spelled: W.A.I.T! Getting around the uninvited. Unannounced. From out of left field scenes. Requires hard focus. Practice! Writing doesn't just happen. Writing is your personality on display. We all have neighbors that say nothing. Until the weekend. After they've been liquored up. I'll never suggest you swig down fire water then write. I end up killing off characters in my stories. If you're so good writer boy...get out of this one. Practice. A tree snaps off and all you have left is a stump. In my heart. There's not a word to be written. If given belief. That single strand of bark could easily become three to ten pages. Stop forcing the comedian to be funny. Let the writer in you. Breathe. I see a tree. I instantly want to know the first human that stood next to it. What do you mean it was forty years ago? How is it possible that I still feel their presence? Make up their life. Relive their challenged times. What if the tree had been part of a page? Handed to a poet. The writing left while sitting in a corner. Inspired a writer in Russia to pick up a writing instrument. Daily journaling is more fun when you can take a dogs fart and turn it into a piece of music. I couldn't give a rats butt about who'll one day trip across my thought scratches. I hope they think I'm weird. I dream of them gasping. I can't wait to watch them accuse the hand that brought me here of developing pictures not a person nearest the sun can relate with. Exactly! But damn it was fun inspiring that loner in France to stop chasing depression and pick up a writing instrument. Scribble here. Square box there. I don't care what your lettering looks like. Uninvited. Unannounced. From out of left field scenes. Pretty much means...wow I have something new to share! I accept the dare!

No comments:

Post a Comment