Friday, February 15, 2013

Pictures Of A New Book: Part Twenty Seven

First drafts should "never" feature too much thinking. It's like going to the dentist, "Open your mind and say aw." I had a blast mixing up words and sentence structure in my new book Scrambled Eggs. Without rules there can't and won't be judgment. A publisher once said to me, "Your job is to write. Editors make it right." Famed artist Peter Max shared with me his desire to photograph process. It showcases personal growth and or movement without having to rely on memory. This photograph doesn't tell my writer inside that we've been stuck on this page for nearly two weeks. It says to the creator inside, "I can't wait to read what your imagination has brought to the story." John Hancock from WBT radio describes a radio stations format is nothing more than a net. When the calls aren't coming in the jock on the air falls into to the safety of the format. Writing is no different. The first draft of Scrambled Eggs was handwritten because of my personal enjoyment for writing. Some people still like holding books versus digital e-books. Writing with ink onto paper my fingertips handpicked is a gift to the inner being of my writing self. Getting it to the computer only seems stalled if what you're measuring is the size of an ego hell bent on the idea that better ideas don't come after the project is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment