Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dear God what am I feeling? The story of Zondra continues....week number five with breast cancer

Wedesday March 2, 2011
Week number five…to the average person time moves too quickly. Months feel like seconds, years can be lived out inside an hour. For someone with breast cancer the view of the world is flipped; time isn’t something you’ve lost but rather you can’t get enough of.

I caught up with Zondra in her car. She’s been given permission to step back into a more normal life and style only to realize it’s still not enough compared to the freedoms she once had. She laughs about driving being more of a gift rather than something we do automatically. So is the way her body moves as its being taught how to relocate motion in an area once taken for granted.

Her voice remains chipper but being in tune with vocals and how we use them to push our way through conversations I can hear restlessness. She wants to get back to living. She’s ready to take the reins of the shell called Zondra and guide it back onto the path of everyday occurrences and begin the journey of making new memories to stuff inside invisible pages of later chapters and horizons.

Her efforts remind me deeply of the poetry that fell from my fingertips during my most recent challenges:

All the darkness I assumed would be
Has painted pictures I can’t see
I always wanted to know what it would be like
Only to learn its me against me

Im not chasing rainbows
Im not walking in circles
I wanna get back…to living

I wanna get back…oh so back…to living…

I’ve walked 10,000 chapters in self created books
Beat the odds by breaking the rules
I’ve worked a lot of games to make love with the wind
Only to learn Im not my best friend

Im not chasing rainbows
Im not walking in circles
I wanna get back…to living

I wanna get back…oh so back…to living…

A thousand hearts to hold
A million smiles to feed
You came along for the ride

I’m not chasing rainbows
Not walking in circles…
I’m here because I’m alive…

Written by Arroe Collins
October 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment