Thursday, October 25, 2012

So What If Your Mom's Ugly! That Doesn't Make You Cute!

Is it the lingering Presidential and Statewide elections? Can it be blamed on hourly unsteady walks through the American economy? Might the true Shades of Gray be mental states once dubbed depression but methods of Political Correctness has forced body language to rename its game? It may take an entire village to raise a child but something seriously goes wrong when 3/4's of the embodiment is dressed for battle. We've all seen the music video where the main subject stands still while the rest of the world races by. Welcome to October 2012. Rather than get involved we've grown seriously tired of pulling along. Once assumed safe places no longer provide shelter. Office cliques and family gatherings feed into the stress. Therefore the journey has evolved into solo projects without a backup band to create a symphony of soundtracks. The separation between the generations is more defined more than any time. Gen Xer's were on to something in the 90's. I can do this without your help. It may take a week to get out of this darkness but the idea of reaching for your fingerprints physically sickens me. "Grunge" wasn't just music...it was and still is a lifestyle. Although it's become more Retro than Madonna, "Grunge" opened the avenues to better deal with inner challenges without revealing what keeps the inner circle moving. When it comes to how we truly feel and deal with current issues in America, we've mastered the art of the liar. Little white lies might temporarily lift you out of the pit but the long term experience instantly unwraps its negative energy during unexpected chapters put into play by the scent of perfume in a cheap section of Wal-Mart. I walked by 30 people in the gym last night. I met none of them in the eyes. HOW DO YOU LIKE IT WHEN PEOPLE WRITE IN CAPITOL LETTERS? Then uncross your arms...it's sending the same signal. Ok enough bitching about who we've become. It's time to get up and wipe the dirt off what little knees we have left. Religion isn't going to put money in the bank. Family bitterness stinks far worse than a dead owl alongside the highway. Being the Almighty Broken Heart Fixer doesn't make you happier but rather more miserable than the person you're attempting to heal. Rule number one: For the love of God please remove your reasons for putting so much thought into your troubles. It's incredibly difficult! The poison shot from bad memories or regret destroys future steps. You can't escape a past you can't change. Cloris Leachman has the best outlook: They are pages in a different chapter and should be treated as such. Rule number two: When depression, sadness or sever challenge set in...it's completely natural to want to run. Get into the act of no longer depending on Smart Phones, MP3 players and iPod's. They don't serve you but rather enable the sickness. Happiness doesn't rein in unlit rooms blessed with flat screens and the internet. Julia Cameron was brilliant in her teachings when leading me toward a physical letting go of what gives modern people mental highs. People magazine is a drug. It feeds into your low moments by giving you a reason to compare your bad day with someone famous. I'm in radio and can't beg you enough to stop listening. It kills me to see someone brag of the good times once had while jamming out to Foreigner, Bob Seger or Jimmy Buffet. You can't discover new things if your eyes are constantly attached to the path labeled this is where I've been. I hate digital cameras! Preacher Jonathan said it best in our last recording session: We'll never locate that moment again. So why are you hanging on to it? Rule number three: Because I grew up hating my surroundings in Montana...I found hourly highs in the art of locating positive. What's wrong with that? Really? Positive is nothing more than an attitude. Why fake it? I write every day before sunrise to locate one answer: why am I in this mood today? Digging identifies a past that I no longer want to live therefore I'm able to sweep the floor in my inner closet. When was the last time you woke up and located something that made you appreciate life? I melt when my Chinese Crested Sami sits next to me then reaches out with a single paw and puts it on my left arm. He's holding me! Rule number four: Technology has gifted every one of us to do things that make us happy. Stop just doing it and put some thought into the procedure! Don't just think happy thoughts while hanging out with happy people...learn to participate with the entire parade. Happiness is the best drug and you don't have to wait for an ABC store to open to find it. If you're like me...it doesn't matter how great the times, the slightest most stupid things send your gut back to the dark chapters. Why didn't my first marriage work? What if I hadn't performed that night would Harold be alive today? If I had stayed true to my original dream of becoming an architect and chose to listen to every nightmare about Radio...would I have fewer wrinkles in my heart? See how easy it is to destroy a great day! I can't stand drama Queens! I'm still not over the drama on last night's episode of 2 Broke Girls. Let go! Don't even think about forcing yourself to laugh...we do that crap in Radio and there are too many fakes pumping through your car stereo! My universal brother and sister Maggie and Tom recently asked about my music. Before they could dot an I and cross a T...my gut reaction was to get them off the subject. The quickest way to invite physical anger and hatred to the surface is to get me on the subject of the songs. As much as I pretended to be in concert as a kid and through adulthood during times of tremendous challenge...no concert stadium took shape without shades of gray. Yet mental doctors and highly priced people of tremendous healing believing when people sing, dance and act out anything and everything they begin to laugh, smile and wink - do what it takes to rip yourself away from a daily addiction to clutching your stomach for it only steers the tears down your cheeks! Author Steven Furtick puts it a different way, "Stop asking for blessings and realize how important life becomes when you show up to the party prepared. Waking up a doing a day is an automatic throw away. Preparation is no different than learning how to play the guitar. You don't suddenly break out in Stairway To Heaven...just as much as you will never start a Radio career doing a morning show in market number 24. Prepare for market 393 and grow toward the success. It ends up being some of the most incredible stories shared while sitting around a campfire. I will always believe in you first...

No comments:

Post a Comment